Product Care & Repair
Caring for your Jewelry
Every piece of Petit Anjou jewelry is carefully handcrafted using the finest precious metals and gemstones. These materials are delicate and it is recommended that you handle them with care. By taking a few precautions, you will be able to maintain the brilliance of your jewelry for many years.
- Remove vermeil jewelry before bathing, exercising, and swimming.
- Avoid direct contact with perfumes, lotions, and hairsprays. Apply these products before putting on your jewelry.
- Do not wear jewelry when using household cleaners or bleach.
- Keep jewelry away from prolonged humidity or extreme heat.
- Do not use chemical jewelry polishes on vermeil jewelry, as they can damage the gold finish.
- Gently buff vermeil and gold-filled pieces with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth.
- Use a silver polishing cloth to remove any tarnish on sterling silver pieces.
- Do not hang pearl jewelry when storing. This will cause the silk threads to stretch out.
- Clarté gemstone bracelets should be rolled on and off rather than stretching them.
- Store jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry box or bag when not being worn. Excessive exposure to open air and humidity may leave your sterling silver and gold vermeil pieces vulnerable to tarnish. You may wish to store a small packet of desiccant crystals with your pieces to help absorb any moisture in a humid environment.
If worn frequently, pearl necklaces and Clarté bracelets should be re-strung annually. Petit Anjou offers complimentary re-stringing of all Petit Anjou pearl and Clarté pieces with proof of purchase. The customer will be responsible for shipping costs.
With respect to all other repairs, if it is determined that the piece can be repaired in our studio, shipping instructions will be provided. Repairs may take 4-5 weeks to complete depending on the nature of the repair. The cost of repairs and shipping will be the responsibility of the customer.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any re-stringing and/or repair inquiries.